Presented by Ed Bennett, Janet Gripshover, Nurse Practitioner at University of Maryland and Colleen Young, Community Director of Mayo Clinic Connect.
A few years ago, Ed Bennett helped hospitals adopt social media with his Hospital Social Media List. Now he's looking at how hospitals use digital tools for patient support groups (and building a new list!). Janet Gripshover founded one of the first hospital-sponsored, facilitated, online support groups back in 2011. Colleen Young manages Connect, Mayo's open patient-to-patient online community, also established in 2011.
Learn more about:
- What is a hospital sponsored patient support group
- The platforms hospitals use to host their support groups
- Open, semi-open and closed groups
- Examples of robust, successful groups drawn from his list
- A look at the next generation of platforms
- The decision on closed vs open access
- The onboarding process for new members
- What a typical week is like for a group manager
- Challenges and success stories