Social Media Residency
Just as medical residency is more advanced than medical school, Mayo Clinic's Social Media Residency goes beyond the basics to specialized learning within a collaborative environment. Apply for Residency if you already use social networking platforms and want to:
- learn more about current best practices
- discover what’s new and next in the world of online social networking
- gain hands-on experience with video-based platforms
- discuss strategy and tactics with experts
- revise an existing or develop a new strategic plan for using these tools
During Residency, you’ll meet with your entire cohort as well as within smaller groups. Throughout the day, you’ll receive guidance from experts and Chief Residents with proven experience.
You must successfully complete Social Media Basics Certification before your registration can be considered final, and we expect active participation during the onsite day-long program. You may attend Residency on any Mayo Clinic campus (Arizona, Florida, Minnesota).
Getting Ready for Residency
In addition to finishing Social Media Basics Certification, before attending, you’ll also need to:
- create personal accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn; and
- prepare a brief presentation (maximum five slides) about your existing social networking efforts and goals.
Note: If you plan to use a tablet device, please install iOS/Android apps for Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Your $795 Residency Fee includes:
- online access to online prerequisites and certification process
- Bringing the Social Media #Revolution to Health Care
- meals and snacks
- one-year individual premium membership in MCSMN
(Premium members receive a 25% discount on the Residency fee.)
Due to COVID-19 realities we discontinued our in-person Social Media Residency course in 2020, but plan to update it with a virtual alternative in 2021. You may request to be notified when Virtual Residency is ready.