What Are Hashtags Really For? #Confused #Blessed #NoFilter
Here’s a fun read about what hashtags can and should be used for, as well as what they can’t and shouldn’t be used for.
Here are some good tips from the article:
- Use hashtags sparingly on Twitter; no more than 2 per post, preferably just one
- Don’t use tags on paid tweets. They’re proven to dilute your CTA
- Go nuts on Instagram; 11 hashtags is the optimal number
- Don’t bother tagging on Facebook. Research shows your post will do better without them
- Use CamelCase to keep longer tags legible (Remember the “susanalbumparty” debacle?)