The 6 Most Important Search Engine Ranking Factors of 2017
This article examines details from Searchmetrics’s “Media Ranking Factors Data Insights for Performing on Google,” plus what those specifics mean for you, your industry, and your colleagues.
- People under 30 prefer their phones for reading news.
- External links can help sites rise in the rankings.
- Top-ranking pages feature highly relevant content.
- Social signals have positive effects on traffic levels.
- HTTPS encryption could give you a rankings advantage.
- The highest-ranking media URLs use more images than lower-ranked sites.