#MCSMN 2017 Annual Conference
December 11-12, 2017
Mayo Clinic Scottsdale Arizona Campus
Join us for two days packed with four inspirational keynotes, six compelling case studies and presentations, three expert consultation sessions, and an evening taco reception complete with mariachi band!
We’re capping attendance at 125 members so you'll have plenty of opportunity to contribute, interact, and connect with your peers. You’ll leave energized with more knowledge and enthusiasm to tackle, analyze, and solve the biggest social media problems you face today.
You may want to join us on December 13 for our Social Media Residency, too!
See the full conference schedule.
The Queen of Facebook
Facebook Success Strategies: Proven Ways To Increase Your Reach, Engagement & Results
Entrepreneur, Thought Leader, Advisor
Humanize Your Digital Network
David Harlow, JD, MPH
Legal Expert, Consultant, The Harlow Group
Give the People What They Want: Authentic Interaction and Compliant Communication
Senior Director, Digital and Social Media, Eli Lilly and Company
Health, Reputation, and the Dynamic Social Conversation
Social media, your hospital and the threat of suicide: A matter of life, death and liability
Carol Vassar | Social Media Strategist for Hartford HealthCare | Connecticut
Crisis communications: Healthcare social media and the Pulse Nightclub tragedy
Cristina Calvet-Harrold and Amanda Jane Saunders-Johnston | CCH Marketing | Orlando, Florida
Newsjacking: The rewards and risks of leveraging breaking news
Jeff Calaway | Senior Content Specialist at Cook Children's Health Care System | Ft Worth, Texas
How NOT to launch the biggest social campaign of your career: Lessons from the OHSU Knight Cancer Institute $1 Billion Challenge
Jess Columbo | Principal, Med|Ed Digital | Portland, Oregon
Gettin’ those digits: How OSF HealthCare used social media to boost patient traffic
Katie Whitt | Social Media Coordinator with OSF HealthCare | Illinois and Michigan
How to engage your C-Suite in social media #ThoughtLeadership
Krysta Privoznik | Reputation Management Specialist at Health Care Service Corporation
What makes this conference different?
- 100% social media and healthcare. Keynotes, case studies, and small group consultations will focus entirely on social media in healthcare. Learn from the people who work with social media every day.
- An intimate gathering of your peers. We’re not trying to fill a ballroom with 1,000-plus people. We keep attendance under 150 to optimize your ability to meet, interact with and build relationships with your peers.
- In-depth and actionable steps. Our presenters go into depth, allow plenty of time for Q&A, and provide actionable next steps you can apply, rather than just a short overview of their story.
- Spend quality time with speakers. You’ll have access to all speakers, including keynoters, for follow-up questions or conversations after the formal presentation.
- December in Phoenix. Get out of the snow or rain and into the sun!
Who should attend?
- Healthcare marketers, communicators, and public affairs staff whose responsibilities include social media.
- Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals who want to learn more about social media and establish a professional online presence.
- Patient advocates who want to connect with others and contribute to health education.
What past attendees say about this conference
"This conference is an incredible opportunity to connect with the leaders in social health today and learn how to meet your social goals. The case studies and discussions were inspiring and made me realize all the things I can do to help our patients and our communities through the power of social media."
Nancy P. Jean, Senior Social Media Strategist at Lifespan
"The conference was well worth the trip. I took something away from every presentation and came back even more passionate and inspired about what I’m doing with social media. I’m excited to share and put into place what I learned. The new connections and insight are invaluable."
Christopher Abbotts, Social Media Manager at Indiana University Health
“This event introduces you to the smarts for doing social media well and more importantly it welcomes you into the fold of a community of support as you find your way and your voice. Charles Mayo recognized medicine as a profession for social service – attending this summit equips you with the skills and connections to serve your community with impact.”
David Grayson, MD, Clinical Director Otolaryngology, WaiteMata DHB, Auckland, New Zealand
"I liked hearing about real-life examples of things that worked and did not work, not only from the speakers but from the attendees."
Amy Albin, Senior Media Relations at UCLA Health
We’ve arranged special lodging discounts (be sure to make reservations before November 15):
Country Inn and Suites, 10801 North 89th Place, Scottsdale, $89. Ask for the 2017 Social Media Meeting rates.
Gainey Suites, 7300 E Gainey Suites Drive, Scottsdale. Mention Mayo Clinic. Studio King $145, 1Bed $165, and 2 bed/2 bath $289. (Breakfast included.)
Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic, 13444 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale. $149, standard king or 2 dbls. To reserve, call Marriott Reservations at 1 (800) 321-2211. Identify yourself as part of Mayo Clinic group staying at the Courtyard Scottsdale at Mayo Clinic.
If you are a member of the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network you receive a 25% discount on registration.
If you are NOT a member of the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network your registration for the Annual Conference includes a full year’s premium membership in the Network – a $495 value! Read more about membership benefits.
See the full conference schedule.