Whether you're a PR or marketing, in-house or at an agency, a private-practice physician embarking on a social program or a manager in charge of a health care nonprofit with staff doctors, our new 75-minute webinar on Thursday, September 26, "A social media primer for hospital physicians" by Susan Tellem, a partner at Tellem Grody Public Relations, Inc. will help your doctors become experts in social media.
Today many doctors still believe learning what a person ate for lunch is the use and value of Facebook, Twitter and other social tools. Physicians have a lot to learn about social media.
A study in the Journal of Health Communication reported that 70 percent of surveyed patients planned to ask their doctor questions about information they found on the Internet, and 40 percent had printed the information to take to their appointments.
Patients also share experiences—good and bad—on websites, blogs and on mobile sites such as Yelp and RealSelf. Patients DO tell the world how they were treated by your doctors and your hospital. And they don't mince words!
In this webinar you'll learn where the newest ideas and trends are in health care social media. how to launch a targeted health initiative, how to monitor and measure the results, how to increase your doctors' social confidence, and how to overcome your physicians' urge to say, "I don't have time for social media."
You'll learn how to:
- Gain more exposure for a solo doc or practice using social media
- Launch special promotions and contests on Facebook for physicians
- Help doctors find and interact with influential journalists on Twitter
- Encourage doctors to blog for fun and to attract patients
- Incorporate visuals (like before-and-after pictures of surgeries) and videos on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Help a doctor start a Pinterest board
- Increase the chance your videos will get viewed on YouTube
- Maximize a doctor's LinkedIn presence by using posts to groups, projects and publications
Members of the Social Media Health Network (SMHN) can register for FREE by clicking HERE.
If you are not a SMHN member, but would still like to register for this webinar. Please click here.
For more information about joining the SMHN, click here.