Share this:

Apr 2, 2015 · 15 Replies

Join us for the 2015 Mayo Clinic Social Media Summit and Residency

By Lee Aase, Director, Mayo Clinic Social Media Network @LeeAase

Registration is now open for our main health care social media event for 2015. . .
at least here in the Northern Hemisphere.

This year we’re rolling out an entirely new format.

We’ve heard (and read) your clear and compelling requests for a Summit that reaches across health care industry silos to create opportunities for shared learning and collaboration. In response, we’ve designed this year’s Summit to provide instruction, inspiration and expert consultation to help you wrestle with and solve real-world challenges…in real time.

Depending on your social media experience and previous participation in our events, this year’s Summit in Rochester, Minn. will involve either a one-day or a two-day commitment.

•  Monday, June 15: We’ll offer Social Media Residency (7:30AM-5:00PM). This is our foundational course that’s especially helpful for developing a deeper understanding of key social platforms.
  •  Tuesday, June 16: Our entirely new format is reflected in this year’s Summit theme: Sharing Expertise. Solving Problems. Building Community (8:00AM-5:30PM). We’re offering a very full day that will include:

If you haven’t already attended a Residency, plan to join us for both days. If you’re already comfortable with social media, plan to join us and participate during Tuesday’s gathering as active learner, generous teacher, and collegial coach.

Take a look at this schedule to get a better sense of how we’ve designed the Summit to maximize time and space for conversation and collaboration.

If you’re not yet a member of SMHN registration for either Residency or the Summit is $795, or you can attend both for $1,295. And whichever option you choose, we’re including a one-year individual membership in SMHN (a $500 value).

With that SMHN membership, you’ll get complimentary registration for our monthly webinars, which are $95 each for non-members, plus access to the SMHN Community discussion forum.

For SMHN members registration is just $595 for Residency, $545 for the Summit, or $995 for both days. And of course you get the monthly webinars at no extra charge, too.

We’re excited about this new program and how it blends practical instruction, collaborative problem solving and inspiration. We hope you’ll join us!

All sessions will be held at The DoubleTree.
Register now!

Reduced rates are available at The Doubletree and at Hilton Garden Inn.

Tags: Social Media, social media residency, social media summit

Posted by @sunnihemingsen, Apr 2, 2015

Looking forward to the new format. Two questions -- for those flying in to MSP, are there transportation options from the airport to Rochester *other than* rental car?
And, is there a remote participation option? (live broadcasts/chats?)

Posted by @LeeAase, Apr 8, 2015

Thanks, Sunni. There is a Go Rochester Direct airport shuttle that will transport you from MSP to the downtown Rochester hotels for something like $23. We currently aren't planning a live stream of the Summit, but will be sharing updates and reports (including some video snippets.)

Posted by @sunnihemingsen, Apr 8, 2015

Posted by @minho, Apr 15, 2015

I'm a member of Asan Medical Center's PR team and planning to attend social media summit with my manager. While staying in Rochester during June 14-17, I want to visit other teams(including news network team and CFI) to benchmark. If you help me out to visit your hospital, (for example, introduce me someone that may help to arrange a meeting with Mayo clinic's news network team and CFI) it would be great opportunity to broaden our vision and share know-how.

Heather Hare likes this

Posted by @LeeAase, Apr 15, 2015

I will connect with you directly to see what we can arrange.

Posted by @minho, Apr 15, 2015

Thank you! This is my email address,, I'm will be waiting for your email.

Posted by @minho, Apr 19, 2015

I sent an email. Please confirm your mailbox. Thanks!

Posted by @minho, Apr 27, 2015

Please check your mailbox. Thanks!

Posted by @LeeAase, Apr 29, 2015

Thanks...Margaret Shepard will be in touch.

The James likes this

Posted by @SarahJohnston, May 4, 2015

Excited to be registered for the summit. Will there by any chance be Mayo Clinic tours the day of the summit?

Edited: 05/04/2015 @ 4:18pm

Posted by @LeeAase, May 4, 2015

Glad you're attending! Yes, we will have tours both Monday late afternoon and Tuesday morning. Details on those coming in the next couple of weeks.

Posted by @nancypjean, May 14, 2015

Hello! Unfortunately I'm not able to attend this year's summit, but we are doing our budget planning for FY16 and I'm hoping to get an ok to attend next year's summit. Is there anyone I could talk to about costs and possible dates for next year? Thanks SO much!!

The James likes this

Posted by @nancypjean, May 14, 2015

Actually, I just found the email for more info. I'm all set. Thanks! Sorry I'll miss the 2015, but hope to see you all in 2016!

Posted by @DanHinmon, May 15, 2015

We'll miss you this year but glad you're budgeting for 2016!

Posted by @nancypjean, May 15, 2015

Thanks, Dan. I will miss it too, but so looking forward to meeting so many people, like YOU, IRL next year! Hope the summit is great.

Please login or become a member to post a comment.

© Mayo Clinic Social Media Network. All Rights Reserved.