In Tuesday's webinar featuring Ed Bennett, Colleen Young and Janet Gripshover we highlighted a new list of hospitals that sponsor online patient support groups, and showcased a couple of experienced moderators of these groups, with examples of their work and how it helps patients.
The presentations generated lots of interest and questions. Here's a sample:
- How have you tracked the impact of patient support groups on better patient outcomes?
- Members are visible to anyone in the open and closed groups on Facebook. Does that create any privacy concerns?
- How much time do you spend a week moderating? How critical is the moderating function?
- On what criteria is a moderator is selected?
If you weren't able to join us for the live event, here's the recording:
The Mayo Clinic Social Media Network (MCSMN) provides guidelines, training, resources and networking opportunities to health care professionals interested in applying social media and digital tools in their work.
We offer these types of membership:
- Basic Membership, which is free, includes the opportunity to comment on MCSMN blog posts, access to News You Can Use (a daily list of curated news articles to help you stay up-to-date), and free digital access to our book, Bringing the Social Media Revolution to Health Care. We also make three webinars each year, regularly $95 each, available free to Basic Members. Tuesday's webinar was one of those three for 2017.
- Premium Individual Membership ($495 per year) includes access to all of our webinars (including the archive), participation in member community discussions, a seat license for the Social for Healthcare Certificate from Mayo Clinic and Hootsuite, and discounted registration for our events, including Social Media Residency and our annual Member Conference, and more.
- Premium Organization Membership - provides premium access to all of your employees, along with 10 seat licenses to the Social for Healthcare Certificate (and discounts on additional bulk purchases). You can make the same training we provide to our Mayo Clinic employees available to yours. Premium Organization Members also are eligible to host Social Media Residency or to have MCSMN staff provide on-site custom training workshops. Contact us and we'd be happy to schedule a call to discuss details.
Whatever option you choose, we hope MCSMN can help you advance your health care cause and your career.