We formalized these relationships later that year by creating our first External Advisory Board (EAB). Guidance from those original EAB members has been crucial to our development so far, and we've recognized several of them as Platinum Fellows in the Social Media Health Network for their outstanding contributions.
Today, we're proud to announce a new cohort of EAB members, leaders known for contributing to the evolution of online social networking within and for the health care industry and who will help us grow as well. We welcome to our EAB:
- Kristine (KS) Austin, Owner and Principal of KS Austin Communications.
- Amanda Changuris, Senior Social Media Marketing Analyst for Highmark, Inc.
- Dan Hinmon, Owner and Principal of Hive Strategies
- Claire H. Johnston, Social Media Manager for the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Greg Matthews, Creator of MDigitalLife and Managing Director at W2O Group
- Mike Sevilla, M.D., Family Physician at Family Practice Center of Salem and Salem Regional Medical Center, Ohio
- Lisa Ramshaw, Director of Communications & Marketing for the Australian Private Hospitals Association (APHA)
- Colleen Young, Community Strategist for Canadian Virtual Hospice; Community Founder and Manager for #hcsmca
Together with several others who are continuing their EAB service, these new members will help us make the Social Media Health Network even more valuable for those who want to join us in driving digital and social media innovation in health care.