Discussions

2019 Social Media Residencies?

Posted by Kelly Cawcutt, MD, MS @kcawcutt, Wed, Jan 23 4:40pm

Hello!
It looks like there are no residencies planned for 2019, any one know if this is accurate or if other opportunities will arise? I am trying to plan my clinical schedule now.
Thanks!
Kelly

You've caught us in planning mode, @kcawcutt. We are thinking through our residency plans for 2019 and haven't nailed everything down yet. We are planning on a Rochester residency on Oct 8 in connection with our annual conference Oct 9 and 10. We're still confirming dates for our Arizona and Florida campuses. More news coming…

I've always wondered whether or not its economically viable for MCSMN doing a 1/2 day workshop in a city, perhaps in conjunction with either a local health organization or society. For example, a half-day workshop the evening before a large society meeting could get a substantial turnout of physicians. Similar things could be dome for nursing groups, etc.

@matthewrehrl

I've always wondered whether or not its economically viable for MCSMN doing a 1/2 day workshop in a city, perhaps in conjunction with either a local health organization or society. For example, a half-day workshop the evening before a large society meeting could get a substantial turnout of physicians. Similar things could be dome for nursing groups, etc.

Jump to this post

Thanks for mentioning this, @matthewrehrl. We actually customized a half day residency for an NCIC conference in Seattle last year. I agree that we could leverage this to raise awareness with many groups/organizations. We'd love more suggestions from other community members about how we might create and deliver more face to face training.

Liked by Matthew Rehrl

@DanHinmon

You've caught us in planning mode, @kcawcutt. We are thinking through our residency plans for 2019 and haven't nailed everything down yet. We are planning on a Rochester residency on Oct 8 in connection with our annual conference Oct 9 and 10. We're still confirming dates for our Arizona and Florida campuses. More news coming…

Jump to this post

@DanHinmon I am looking forward to hearing about the conference agenda and residency opportunity!

@DanHinmon

Thanks for mentioning this, @matthewrehrl. We actually customized a half day residency for an NCIC conference in Seattle last year. I agree that we could leverage this to raise awareness with many groups/organizations. We'd love more suggestions from other community members about how we might create and deliver more face to face training.

Jump to this post

CHPRMS is the Carolinas Healthcare PR & Marketing Society. Just about every hospital in North & South Carolina belong. They have an annual meeting that alternates between Charleston, SC and Asheville, NC. I think partnering with them would be a great idea! I'd be happy to make an introduction.

Let's talk about this, @jkennedy93. Very interesting idea. I'll contact you.

@DanHinmon

Jump to this post

Good to know. I'd likely come to Rochester – I am in Omaha now but trained at MCR, so I can catch up with some old friends at the same time!

Please login or register to post a reply.

© Mayo Clinic Social Media Network. All Rights Reserved.