Why Take the Social Media Basics for Healthcare Training
You may have seen the online Social Media Basics for Healthcare Certificate training on the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network. This course was developed by Mayo Clinic in collaboration with Hootsuite, a social media management platform.
The training was developed for YOU– a busy professional looking for the most concise resources to help you get up to speed on how to use specific social media platforms and basic best practices.
The online training offers seven self-paced lessons that take approximately 20-30 minutes each, including:
- Introduction to Social Media and Healthcare
- Facebook Basics
- Twitter Basics
- LinkedIn Basics
- Visual Social Media
- Monitoring and Measurement
While we encourage you to take each lesson in order, you may start with the courses that align with your role and objective for using social media first.
To get started, consider the following combination of courses for each audience:
- Physicians: Introduction, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Professionalism
- Program Managers: Introduction, Facebook, Twitter, Visual Social Media, and Monitoring
- Social Media Professionals: Introduction, Monitoring, and Professionalism
While the program is available for $400 per user through Hootsuite, we're pleased to announce discounted (or even FREE) access for all members of the Mayo Clinic Social Media Network.
- Mayo Clinic employees: Registration fee is covered by a scholarship from the Department of Public Affairs. Just register for MCSMN with your Mayo.edu email, and then go to the Social for Healthcare Certificate page to get started at no charge.
- Individual Premium Members: Social for Healthcare Certificate is included with annual dues, so you can get started now.
- Premium Organization Members: Each annual membership includes 10 licenses for the Certificate.
- Basic Members: May purchase the course directly from HootSuite for $400, or for just $95 more, get an Individual Premium membership that includes the certification course as well as many other benefits.