The world stage hosted its share of headlines in 2017. Social media slipped into many. Snap went public. Facebook, Twitter, and Google testified on Capitol Hill. The Library of Congress is done archiving every public tweet.
Here are nine of the top stories #MCSMN members read last year:
- Mayo Clinic used Facebook Live to stream Match Day
- Ten Key Questions You Should Ask Before Diving Into Social Media
- The 2017 Annual Conference Sold Out
- Finding Time (and Content) for Social Media Sharing
- Using Social Media in Academic Promotion
- Livestream from the exam room: Navigating patient privacy and new technology
- Successful Posts Despite Few Likes, Comments, and Shares
- 11 Tips for Maximizing Your LinkedIn Professional Branding You Need to Know Now
- How to Spend One Hour, Once a Year on Social Media
What we’re keeping our eye on next year:
- Artificial Intelligence and bots – as in the computer-learning automation that simultaneously intrigues and baffles us.
- Facebook ad transparency efforts – how revealing our ads could affect our strategy.
- Reviews – we’re talking reviews on Google, Yelp, Facebook, Vitals, WebMD, and the list goes on. As businesses recognize the customer service side of social media, we’ll be scouting great applications of social customer service.
What are you watching in 2018?
Platforms, Software, & Tools, Strategy, Tactics & Best Practices