In presentations at the #MCSMN Annual Conference and Residency this week, several people have asked me how to schedule a Facebook Live on Facebook. With this guide, you can schedule Facebook Lives for your Page, so your followers will receive Facebook notifications.
Some important things to note before you schedule:
1. On your Page (we use Business Manager), click on Publishing Tools.
2. On your Publishing Tools page, click on Video Library.
3. From your Video Library, click on +Live.
4. Type your post copy and add a video title. Add tags if you want. Click on Schedule. You can copy your stream key here, but you can also access your stream key later. Your stream key is unique to THIS broadcast. Protect it because if anyone gets it before you go live, they can go live from your page. You'll paste the stream key into your streaming software, such as OBS.
5. Select the date and time of your broadcast. Click on Schedule.
6. Your video is now scheduled to go live automatically as long as you are streaming video at that time. You can change this to Manual Start. From your Video Library in Publishing Tools (see Step 3), click on your newly scheduled video. Click on Scheduled Live in the lower right corner, and select Manual Start.
7. Confirm that you want to switch to Manual Start. Click on Apply, then close the pop-up.
Things happen. If you need to delete your scheduled live video, open it from Video Library and click on Manual Start in the lower right, where you'll see the Delete option.
For these screenshots, I didn't schedule a Facebook Live from Mayo Clinic because I didn't want our followers to get a notification. However, this is what notifications will look like, only they will say "[Your Organization Name] scheduled a live video to begin on Month DD at X:XXpm."
There you have it! Questions? Drop me a line below or hit me up on Twitter.