VETERANS DAY TWITTER CHAT ON MILITARY SUICIDE PREVENTION
Follow #vetchat Monday, Nov. 11, 1-2 p.m. ET
Join @mayoclinic and @afspnational with moderator @Time’s @AliceParkNY and a variety of other mental health/ suicide prevention experts.
Topics to discuss:
- Scope of the problem – statistics/data
- Reasons why veterans today are at increased risk compared to previous military personnel
- PTSD - which vets are most at risk
- The role of firearms in veteran suicide
- Substance abuse/mental illness
- The generational and mental health differences
- What the VA and other government agencies are doing to help prevent military suicide
Never participated in a chat before, or want tips on how to participate effectively? Watch this video.
Questions? E-mail Nick Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org.